lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Tire Recommendations 20"

Tire Recommendations 20"

Remove this ad
    I had issues with Michelin OE which I believe were MXM. They wore with 9/32" at shoulders and 7/32" center. Never overinflated and Michelin told me, "That happens sometimes." Handling was all over the road. Hesitant to replace with same thing I opted for the Michelin Pilot AS3. Back then they made them in standard load 99V rating (99V was the OE) and extra load 103Y. I didn't catch the mistake until a few thousand miles later. The tires performed well, although I didn't feel they were quite as sticky as the OE and maybe a little noisier and likely harder as they wore down.
    But with them still under warranty one of them got four nails. Dealer replaced it with AS3+. It has been handling very poorly since. I had it back once already and found the tires unevenly aired, which seemed to help a little initially. But as that tire is getting broke in the handling is getting really aggravating. Are there any hard fast rules regarding replacing just one tire in this manner?
    I've also discovered that on some pavements the tire is way noisier than the rest of them.

Any personal experience with different tires in the 20" will be appreciated.
    Michelin seems to be the most common OE. Were there any Continentals?

I run goodyear rsa 2 and reaaly like them

Good luck with them. Had them on my special order 2011 Lacrosse and two of them went bad in 12000 miles. Also pray you never have to drive on snow with them.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Net_Rider View Post
    Good luck with them. Had them on my special order 2011 Lacrosse and two of them went bad in 12000 miles. Also pray you never have to drive on snow with them.
    I bought the car in MN. And drove it one season of winter in ND, got 25,000 miles on them now. The tires act like any other low profile tire in the snow.

iBuyHouses is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2011 MKS
    Remove this ad
    Road Hugger GT Ultra from Discount Tire. Reasonably priced. I've only had them for about 6000 miles, but I like them. Can't say anything about snow - I live in Florida.