lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: Tilt Wheel 2009 MKS
    Blaze is offline Junior Member My Lincoln(s): 2003 Navigator, 2009 MKS

Tilt Wheel 2009 MKS

Remove this ad
    Hello,

Has anybody had any problem with the tilt wheel? I noticed the steering wheel not coming all the way down to where I have it set for auto entry. The telescoping works fine in and out. The tilt motor works and the wheel does move up and down, but only by a little bit now. Are there two motors for this? It seems like only one side of the wheel is moving. It moves up and to the right, and down to the left. Since I don't have a manual, I figure this might be normal to get it up and out of the way. None the less, it now moves only a little bit up and down with tilt button. Can somebody please tell me if the wheel tilts up and to the right?

Thanks!

I also have a 2009 MKS, my wheel would move up and down Manually. I took it in and come to find out...my steering column was broke! They wanted $1600 to replace it!

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Hello,

Has anybody had any problem with the tilt wheel? I noticed the steering wheel not coming all the way down to where I have it set for auto entry. The telescoping works fine in and out. The tilt motor works and the wheel does move up and down, but only by a little bit now. Are there two motors for this? It seems like only one side of the wheel is moving. It moves up and to the right, and down to the left. Since I don't have a manual, I figure this might be normal to get it up and out of the way. None the less, it now moves only a little bit up and down with tilt button. Can somebody please tell me if the wheel tilts up and to the right?

Thanks!
    Do you need an owners manual? You can easily see one on line at. owner.lincoln.com And click on the sync and vehicle features. Put in the make ,model, etc.