lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: My Continental
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My Continental

Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena Lady View Post
    But just consider what is already happening. Cars that stop to prevent a crash. Cars that park themselves, cars that alert the driver to keep awake , keep checking with sounds to alert the driver what is behind, or aside, etc. My Lincoln also posts the speed limit on the area near the speedometer, next will it alert if you go over the limit?
    It is like the car manufacturers are heading the way of the self driving cars already. All we need is the final steps and then driving is gone!
    Is this to show that people really do not know how to drive!!!!! People already eat while driving, drink while driving, smoke, text, phone , shave, put on make-up, I've even seen a man putting on a shirt while driving.
    Just think how self driving cars will help!
    Yes, these technologies definitely help. They'll make the road a safer place unless people stop driving on their own before the electronics can take over perfectly...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

Pasadena Lady is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Continental
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Yes, these technologies definitely help. They'll make the road a safer place unless people stop driving on their own before the electronics can take over perfectly...
    Do you really think thst people will like self driving cars? Can you imagine the oerson who is late for work now can speed and drive reckless to get to their appointment. With a self driving car, I'm sure the speed limit will be followed and the person will be quite upset. Nor do I think habits will change. So I figure that hackers will payed big bucks to fix the cars. WOW ! What a future is coming!

If Lincoln has sold Continentals , where are the forum members. My brother suggested that the owners either do not care to go on forums or they do not know the forums exist. Are all of the Conti owners over ........... years? and avoid the internet?

Do you really think thst people will like self driving cars? Can you imagine the oerson who is late for work now can speed and drive reckless to get to their appointment. With a self driving car, I'm sure the speed limit will be followed and the person will be quite upset. Nor do I think habits will change. So I figure that hackers will payed big bucks to fix the cars. WOW ! What a future is coming!
    The driver "assistance" we see now is good for times when you might need to take your eyes off the road or you're distracted. They could be a life saver. I don't foresee cars being 100% automated to the point where we CAN'T drive them (don't have the option). The option will be to select/use the automated option if/when you want to. Later on down the road we'll probably lose the option to drive but that probably won't happen until the bulk of the cars on the road - if not all - have this capability. This probably will not happen in our lifetime...

If Lincoln has sold Continentals , where are the forum members. My brother suggested that the owners either do not care to go on forums or they do not know the forums exist. Are all of the Conti owners over ........... years? and avoid the internet?
    Most people don't know about the site. That's the issue. We're just one tiny little site out in a tremendous galaxy of websites. Most Lincoln owners will never find us - or even hear about us...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

But isn't this the only Lincoln forum about the Conti? Meaning the 2017 Continental?
    So you can say that the members of this forum are like a web "chat" group. Wow!

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    But isn't this the only Lincoln forum about the Conti? Meaning the 2017 Continental?
    So you can say that the members of this forum are like a web "chat" group. Wow!
    No, there are lots of sites dealing with Lincoln and have Continental forums, although some do not have any place holder or input on the 2017 (gen 10) version. Some, like this one: http://lincolncontinentalforum.net/f...inental-forum/ are dedicated to the Continental and have the 2017 model discussions. Others have lots of info on Continentals of old but no official recognition of the 2017 model like this one: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...play.php?f=254 Probably that will change over time and the 2017 Continental (and subsequent years) getting cheaper through the used market.

Finding sites is not a problem at all, Google sorts it all out for you, having the interest to look is the barrier to more participants on Forums. Out of hundreds of millions of people owning vehicles there are probably way less than 1% who participate in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Town View Post
    Finding sites is not a problem at all, Google sorts it all out for you, having the interest to look is the barrier to more participants on Forums. Out of hundreds of millions of people owning vehicles there are probably way less than 1% who participate in forums.
    100%. Having the interest to look is the barrier. Most Continental owners have no need for a forum - until there's an issue with their car. THEN they look. As time goes on and people run into issues with their Continental - they'll be here... Right now the car is so new that, hopefully, nobody's had a reason to look for us. When all is said and done, people typically use forums for a few things:

1. To sign up and complain about their car (problems; need a fix)
    2. To sign up and show the world what they've got
    3. To sign up and talk amongst like-minded automobile owners

I think its done in that order... So most of the people that'll be here in the future just aren't at that point yet. The rest haven't found us yet...

#1 doesn't sound so great - but a lot of times people sign up, initially angry, but become connected with the group - especially when they find support. So most of the time it turns out good when they stick around...

My latest question concerns the 2018 Continental? How do you think it will add anything new?
    Or does it really have to do anything to get more appeal and attention? Maybe the black-out addition would be interesting????
    I know the designers have held back for future models but what more is needed? More horsepower, better mpg? Better what?
    Is there going to be a 2018 Continental?

Town is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
    My latest question concerns the 2018 Continental? How do you think it will add anything new?
    Or does it really have to do anything to get more appeal and attention? Maybe the black-out addition would be interesting????
    I know the designers have held back for future models but what more is needed? More horsepower, better mpg? Better what?
    Is there going to be a 2018 Continental?
    You should start a new thread on the 2018 Continental. That would allow info to be shared easier. I have not heard anything about the 2018 model. There is nothing that I would like to see changed or added so it will be interesting to see what Lincoln decides. I think there is a cut-off date for 2017 production to prepare for 2018 models and I think that may be soon.

Remove this ad
    Just received my recall notice update from Lincoln. The module replacement part is now available. Time needed is less than a day. It is recall # 17C02. You can request complimentary pickup and delivery service with a Lincoln vehicle for use during service.
    The issue is in the event of a driver airbag deployment the driver airbag cushion may not completely fill or the cushion may detach from the module , increasing risk of an injury to the driver in a crash.