lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: 1999 Town Car Signature for sale -Seattle, WA $3500 obo/trade

1999 Town Car Signature for sale -Seattle, WA $3500 obo/trade

Remove this ad
    I am selling my 1999 Lincoln Town Car signature.

Here is the ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5605895105.html

1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature series. In 1999, the Signature trim level was the mid-level trim package. This car is black with a tan colored interior. The interior and exterior are in good condition for a 17 year old car, and there is no major damage or blemishes. The engine has 179,100 miles and runs smooth with plenty of power. If the miles seem high, remember that this same vehicle is used as a taxi and fleet vehicle and, when maintained, lasts over 400,000 miles.

I grew up driving old Cadillacs. I bought this car because I am a big guy and I wanted a car I actually fit in and was nice to drive. This Lincoln ALMOST fits me, but is just a smidge too small for me.

This Lincoln started life as a rental car. Then it was purchased by a retired Seattle police detective and I bought it from his grandson. Everything on the car works perfectly. The AC is cold and I would not hesistate to drive this car cross country. The windows are now tinted as dark as legally possible (35% on the font doors, 0% on the rear window and rear doors). I installed the factory console with the cell phone holder that works well with my iPhone.

The previous owner had all maintenance done at a dealership. The dealership replaced the failed original rear air ride suspension with coil springs and Bilstein shocks. Several years ago I replaced the tires with new Michelin tires that now have less than 20,000 miles on them.

I personally replaced the intake manifold with a replacement manifold that eliminates the known problem of the factory intake leaking coolant. At the same time I flushed the cooling system using distilled water and refilled it with standard ethylene glycol (green) radiator fluid. 1999 was the only year Ford use Dex-Cool in the lincoln, and I have had enough bad experiences with Dex-Cool in my sister's Buick to not want it in any of my cars.

I also repaired the cowl leak that these cars are known for. This car has been through heavy rains and car washes and the passenger front floor does not get wet.

Aside from the replacement of the rear air suspension and the tinting of the windows, this car is completely stock and has not been modified in any way.

The headlamps are a special feature on this car. I have a friend who works in the automotive lighting industry and he shipped these to me from Europe. These are European specification headlamps that are legal to use on US roads but have a much better beam pattern for increased visibility and safer driving at night. The headlamps also have far superior turn signal visibility than do the stock headlamps. These Euro-spec headlamps cost me $800 alone! I will also include the stock headlamps. The fourth picture above is a comparison of the factory headlamps (installed) with the European headlamp sitting on top of the factory headlamp. Here is a bulletin board post I made about the difference between the stock headlamps and the Euopean headlamps when I installed them:

http://lincolnforums.com/forums/threads/10403-1998-2002(-)-European-specification-Town-Car-Headlamps?p=39673#post39673

This car has no problems or issues and has lots of life left. It is my dependable daily driver. I really like this Lincoln, but I am selling or trading because I am looking for a truck I would be more comfortable in.

I am asking $3500 or best offer. That is much less than the amount I have invested in the car. I would consider a full or partial trade for a Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer edition that is in similar condition to my Lincoln. I do not want a trail rig or mud bogger. I am looking for a well optioned good condition Bronco I can drive right now with no problems.

Let's make a deal!

Remove this ad
    BUMP! Craigslist ad has expired, but the car is still for sale. Flexible on the price.