lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS

Lincoln Forum: Gas Tank Issue

Thread: Gas Tank Issue

Gas Tank Issue

Remove this ad
    I reported an issue to the dealership service about my Lincoln MKC when the gas tank is full or 3/4 there is a sloshing sound of liquid especially when I accelerate and brake. It is definitley more noticeable when the tank is fuller. The service foreman agreed with the noise, tested other MKC's on the lot and found the same noise. They have apparently placed a global concern to Customer help, but I think this will get me no where. I contacted customer service and they basically said that there is no fix and that a lot more complaints have to come through to even think of a recall. So I spend a lot of money on a "luxury" car and I have to deal with an obvious engineering problem. What does it take for a company like Ford/Lincoln to investigate and confirm the issue and fix their mistakes. A 2 month old car should not sound like huge waves are hitting my it or that I getting bumped every time I brake.

Any MKC owners out there please check this and place a formal complaint so they can fix their mistakes instead ignoring them.

Nelson

Not an MKC but our SRX had this problem and GM came out with a redesigned gas tank and a technical service bulletin.

Amazing Ford would do the exact same thing five years later.
    2013 MKT EcoBoost Elite and Tech Packages Power Vistaroof - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by navila View Post
    I reported an issue to the dealership service about my Lincoln MKC when the gas tank is full or 3/4 there is a sloshing sound of liquid especially when I accelerate and brake. It is definitley more noticeable when the tank is fuller. The service foreman agreed with the noise, tested other MKC's on the lot and found the same noise. They have apparently placed a global concern to Customer help, but I think this will get me no where. I contacted customer service and they basically said that there is no fix and that a lot more complaints have to come through to even think of a recall. So I spend a lot of money on a "luxury" car and I have to deal with an obvious engineering problem. What does it take for a company like Ford/Lincoln to investigate and confirm the issue and fix their mistakes. A 2 month old car should not sound like huge waves are hitting my it or that I getting bumped every time I brake.

Any MKC owners out there please check this and place a formal complaint so they can fix their mistakes instead ignoring them.

Nelson
    Have had my MKC for about 9 months and have not experienced this.

Remove this ad
    Sorry for your issue, but every manufacturer has teething issues with all-new models. It just happens.
    1989 Chrysler LeBaron 66,000 miles
    2013 Ford Taurus 46,000 miles