lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: 1986 Lincoln TownCar
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jker Guest

Ok seriously wrapping paper pisses me off!

Remove this ad
    Its in the genetic code that guys hate wrapping paper and all its accessories. What frustrates me is I can machine a piece of steel to tolerances of less than 0.0005 inch but can\'t wrap a package without wrinkles and gaps!
    Same here. I think the wrinkles and gaps add character. Like a 60\'s muscle car. Part of the charm is the imperfect fit and finish.

That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it. :shifty:

Pantera99GS Guest

I like to put gift cards in huge boxes with weights in them- wrap the whole thing with newspapers and of course duct tape like previously mentioned. I have no skill trying to make things look \"pretty\"- so instead I just try to make them EARN their present .

Maybe one of these years I\'ll use some JB Weld.

Steve G Guest

hahahaha tig weld an aluminum box for them... when they try to open it, tell them that the blow torch and hacksaw is in the garage :lol: hmmmmm *idea*

VickiM74 Guest

How about encase the box in bondo?

Steve G Guest

hahaha I always wanted to put a crap load of flour in a box and give it to someone who likes to \"show off\" and rip open presents like a mad man! Damn I can picture him holding the box in the air and ripping open the box then... swooooooooosh... a shit load of white powder all over him and the floor :rofl:

Damn me and my nasty bastard mind... muahahahaha

[quote name=\'VickiM74\']:rofl: does it have to be duct tape, or will masking tape work?[/QUOTE]

**** no masking tape will not work!!!!!! That involves effort of looking for a clear tape so it looks better.

VickiM74 Guest

masking tape isn\'t clear... but it pulls off more easily than duct tape, so it\'s eliminated for that reason.

Strapping tape is good shit to use... it doesn\'t rip easily and it gives things a little texture!

in2fords Guest

[quote name=\'Boss man\']
    What I don\'t like is all the waste of paper that\'s involved... Recycling can do one thing but the recycling procedure isn\'t as \"good\" as everyone thinks... the paper has to be turned back into pulp and that uses chemicals. The best bet is to not use as much paper in the first place.[/QUOTE]

me too, but I drive a 250 deisel, overpowered luxury car and a suv:freak:

[quote name=\'VickiM74\']masking tape isn\'t clear... but it pulls off more easily than duct tape, so it\'s eliminated for that reason.

Strapping tape is good shit to use... it doesn\'t rip easily and it gives things a little texture![/QUOTE]

NO! lol =P You HAVE to use ducttape it adds to the comic nature of wrapping presents in newspaper.

in2fords Guest

Remove this ad
    and i frogot my contribution to the post
    I gave my girlfriend a nice ring last year, she knew it must have been nice cause I was broke for a while. I gave it too her in a little pop open ring box, placed that in a larger box and wrapped the hell out of it. very sweet and a very romantic evening, untill she finally got the the ring box and tried to open it, I couldnt help myself, I super glued the box shut and took pictures as she beat it against the table would have been FULL SERVICE that night, but the pics are worth it.