lincoln forums   lincoln forum
Direct Links: MKZ | MKS | New Continental (Old) | MKT | MKX | MKC | Navigator | Town Car | LS
Lincoln Forum: MKC Concept is the real fresh start for Lincoln

Post MKC Concept is the real fresh start for Lincoln

Remove this ad
    Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Crossover, Lincoln, Luxury

We were admittedly bullish about the Lincoln MKC Concept when we introduced it to you yesterday, as we were taken aback by how cohesive the C-platform crossover is in the metal. As it turns out, so were you, dear reader. With hundreds of comments booked on our original Deep Dive story, the overwhelming temperature of the Autoblog Commenteriat is one of surprise and delight - quite an accomplishment for a marque that many had written off for dead. The reception here under the bright lights of the Detroit Auto Show appears to be no less positive, but we thought you might want a second, closer look afforded by these live photos.

Lincoln remains mum on production MKC drivetrain specifics (we're thinking it will start with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder out of its similarly sized Ford Escape relative, or maybe the midlevel 1.6-liter), but we shouldn't have to wait too long. The showcar is expected to closely mirror the production model (due as early as later this year), so much so that Ford global marketing boss Jim Farley explicitly told the press conference masses, "When you see the MKC, do not think concept." That's good news, as the MKC is pivotal to Lincoln's effort to rebuild awareness and consideration on the back of its MKZ sedan, a model just now going on sale. In fact, with the small crossover segment exploding, the MKC could very well turn out to be more important to the brand than the MKZ.

After seeing these new photos, are you more or less enamored with Lincoln's new concept? Leave a comment after voting in our poll below.

View Poll
    Continue reading MKC Concept is the real fresh start for Lincoln [w/poll]
    MKC Concept is the real fresh start for Lincoln [w/poll] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:39:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

Get your next Lincoln for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!

I'd like it if they built a hybrid model of this.

Nice, I hope this is the design direction the next MKX and Navigator.

Quote Originally Posted by mk23666 View Post
    Nice, I hope this is the design direction the next MKX and Navigator.
    I think it will be. Especially with the MKX. Maybe a little less so with the Navigator - it might be hard to pull off. But let's see. This new front-end design is looking better and better with each new Lincoln it appears on...

mark95man is offline Senior Member My Lincoln(s): 2014 Navigator & MKZ Hybrid, 07 TC Designer, 96 TC, 79 MARK V Cartier, 75+ 69-71 Lincoln MARK IIIs
    Remove this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
    I'd like it if they built a hybrid model of this.
    But who would TRUST Lincoln's EPA MPG rating after the 6/13/2014 announcement of the "error" Lincoln made on the EPA 45 MPG 2014 MKZ Hybird? An 18% EPA MPG reduction is NOT acceptable!

Lincoln really failed to address that error! Those who financed their vehicles might be happy on the refund of $1,050 as found money. Then there are those of us who paid for a "Not As Described" vehicle. I just can't get the bad taste of Lincoln out of my mouth. In the future, I will go elsewhere when purchasing our next new vehicle.